Friendship Church – Prior Lake Campus Pastor
Position: Campus Pastor
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Hired by: Lead Pastor with Affirmation of the Trustees/Elders
Position Description Updated: January 2017
Position Description Approved By: Leadership Team and the Trustees/Elders
The primary responsibilities of the Prior Lake Campus Pastor is to provide pastoral leadership in the areas of
b. Shepherding/pastoral care
c. Evangelism and administration
Overview of Job:
• To preach and teach in Alpha, Wednesday night Believers Service, approx. 50% pulpit sharing on Sunday morning and other unique settings like retreats, men’s groups, training seminars, etc.
• To work in concert with the Leadership Team to establish and maintain administrative goals, standards and processes that executes administrative tasks and becomes part of the DNA of Friendship Church.
• To work in concert with the Leadership Team to provide oversight and direction for the overall vision, mission, staff and ministries of Friendship Church.
• To oversee the following staff positions: Facilities Manager, Care Pastor, Children’s Directors, IT Director and others as assigned.
• To initiate equipping and outreach opportunities in Scott County and support the national and global partnership and mission initiatives of Friendship Church.
• To provide a loving and supportive pastoral presence on Sunday mornings and Wednesday night family ministries.
• To support the overall care and counseling ministries of the Ministry Team and fulfill pastoral functions that include, but are not limited to, individual counseling, communion, baptism, home and hospital visitation, weddings and funerals.
• To participate as a servant in all “1-2-1” ministries of Friendship Church that include, but are not limited to, Feed My Starving Children, Garage Sale, Acts of Friendship, Stewardship Saturdays, and the annual Missions Conference.
• Campus pastor hours are flexible but expect a typical work week of 40-45 hours.
• To provide administrative support to the Lead Pastor that includes, but is not limited to, facilities, finances, staff evaluation, policies and procedures, and office management
• Agreement with the Vision, Constitution and By-Laws, Staff Handbook and DNA of Friendship.
• Strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Currently has, or will establish, a mature accountability relationship.
• Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate genuine, godly humility in nurturing others.
• Meets biblical qualifications for an overseer (1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Pet 5:1–4).
• Passion for God’s Word and a desire to provide inspired, challenging, life-integrated biblical teaching.
• A heart for equipping believers and reaching the unchurched.
• Leadership experience in church ministry.
• A Master of Divinity degree is preferred; however, a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree is required.
• A minimum of five years of experience in pastoral ministry in the local church.